2017 Keynote Speaker
Ron Suskind Pulitzer
Prize-Winning Journalist, Author
Ron Suskind is one of our most treasured journalists. As a reporter and senior national affairs writer for The Wall Street Journal, he has covered capitalism and our nation's capital in addition to penning front-page investigative features on poverty, race and class in America, which won him a Pulitzer Prize. Highly respected by Washington pundits, Wall Street analysts, business leaders and social activists alike, he is also one of the nation's most gifted speakers and performers. Blending monologue with reportage, Suskind's unforgettable and highly entertaining speaking engagements provide insightful analysis on everything from ethics and leadership to the rise and fall of the U.S. economy, managing money and risk in the 21st Century, and the current state of health care in America.
He is the author of six best-selling books, the most recent of which — Life, Animated, A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes and Autism — documents his family's two-decade struggle with regressive autism. Using a technique called Affinity Therapy, the book recounts how the Suskinds broke through to their autistic son Owen by exposing him to Disney movies, which Owen memorized and used as a pathway to communication. Ron's technique was demonstrated onstage at Comedy Central’s autism fund-raiser, Night of Too Many Stars, where Owen memorably acted out scenes from Aladdin with Gilbert Gottfried. His previous works include the New York Times bestsellers The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism, The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11, and the modern classic, A Hope in the Unseen, An American Odyssey from the Inner City to the Ivy League.
A globetrotting speaker who NPR hails as "a master storyteller with the lyricism of a poet," Suskind connects with audiences through intellect and humor, sharing unforgettable tales of power, perfidy, tragedy and triumph with astonishing insight and honesty. In keynote speeches and customized presentations tailored to business leaders and corporate groups, he delivers intimate anecdotes and complex global themes culled from his experiences as a journalist, author, teacher, pundit and father to an autistic son. His wildly popular signature keynote, Presenting the World: An Entertaining Evening with Ron Suskind, has been delivered around across the globe, seamlessly fusing politics, ethics and family affairs in a virtuoso showcase from one of the finest writers and speakers working today.
What others have said:
- He was the BEST keynote speaker in all of the conferences I have attended.
- One of best sessions I have ever been to anywhere
- Very inspirational; cried and laughed.
- Absolutely fantastic!!! I bought the book and can't wait to see the movie! He made great connections to education.
- It was one of the best opening sessions/keynote speakers I've ever heard.
- Best I've ever seen!
- Ron Suskind was phenomenal. He deeply moved me.
- Ron Suskind was a powerful and interesting presenter with an inspirational story. It would be difficult not to be touched by his keynote. It was the kind of story you wanted to share with others. Also, left wanting to watch his documentary and read his Pulitzer Prize winning series of articles. Thank you for bringing him . . . Really amazing!